5 Best Walls in Austin, TX (and 2 I NEED to see someday)


Going to Austin any time soon? Please take me with you! From the moment I touched down in this town I felt at home. The music, the food, the colors... Austin has stolen my heart!

Living in Oregon, I've only had the opportunity to travel to Austin twice... hashtag blessed it was for Austin City Limits music festival in November 2014 and SXSW in March 2017 (two bucket list items for sure!)

If you're finding yourself planning a trip to Austin, here are a few of the best walls I hunted out and stumbled upon in this fair city.



I Love You So Much mural
1300 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704

Not a weirdo, I was pregnant and thought others could tell! 😃


Mr. Rogers mural
1415 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78745


You're My Butter Half mural
2000 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78702


Joan Jett mural by Shepard Fairey
304 W 4th St, Austin, TX 78701

Surprise! This is actually a Joan Jett ad. Last Google Maps has it under construction so I'm not sure if it's still there. Let me know if you find it!


Historic 6th St. mural
582 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd, Austin, TX 78701


Hello mural by BOZA
1102 W Koenig Ln, Austin, TX 78756

Reason #1 to go back to Austin

Cat + Friends mural (Smile Now, Cry Later)
2426 Guadalupe St, Austin, TX 78705

Reason #2 to go back to Austin. There's a bit more to this mural, but this is my favorite part. 👍



There are many, many others left to explore- take it from a local. Saving up now!